Tuesday 22 September 2009

A busy week

This week is Environment Week here at UofT, with lots of events around campus throughout the week. I'm hoping to get to a couple of them.

This week's UofT Bulletin has an interview with Prof. Danny Harvey on the value of wind farms in addressing climate change.

Danny will be appearing at two Environment Week events this week, on Wednesday evening and Thursday.

Meanwhile, my order arrived with two very new books I'm looking forward to reading:

Climate Cover-up by James Hoggan [2009: Greystone Books]

What's the Worst That Could Happen? by Greg Craven [2009: Perigee]

Plus I had only just started these excellent titles that I have checked out of our science library:

Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens our Future by Chris Mooney and Sheryl Kirshenbaum [2009]

Why We Disagree About Climate Change: Understanding Controversy, Inaction and Opportunity by Mike Hulme [2008]

No comments: